Sky Box Slow?
One of our employees Sky+ HD box was running very slowly this week (taking an age to play saved shows, crashing, slow to navigate) and after some searching we found a very simple way to get it working properly again.
All it takes is a procedure called a Planner Rebuild. If you follow the following instructions (carefully, you are getting into a part of the system where a lot of damage can be done) you should have everything back to normal in about 10 minutes. We got this information from the Sky website.
Please note: Rebuilding your Planner will not delete any of your previous recordings. However, it will interrupt any recordings currently in progress, so it’s best to proceed when you’re not recording a programme.
- Press services on your Sky remote.
- Press the right arrow button to highlight Settings
- Press select.
- Press 0, then 1, followed by select.
You’ll now see a new set of screens that are normally hidden from view, with the Setup screen selected.
- Press the left/right arrow buttons to highlight Sky+ Rebuild.
- Press select. You’ll now see this message: “This will take a few minutes to complete. The rebuild will stop all recordings and reboot your Sky+HD”.
- Press select. The onscreen message “Housekeeping please wait” will appear and then disappear within two minutes.
- The Planner rebuild will now go ahead, and may take up to two further minutes. Once complete, your Sky+ box will automatically switch itself off and then back on. You will then see the red standby light on your Sky+ box (newer boxes have an amber standby light).
- Wait for at least two minutes after the red standby light has appeared.
- Press sky on your remote control.
Your Sky+ box should now start up as normal, with the light changing to green. Once your Sky+ box has started, try to use the Planner to record and view programmes as usual.